Submerchant Agreement: Bank Disclosure
Payment Facilitator Contact Information
Name: Democracy Engine, LLC
Address: 237 Florida Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001
Website URL: http://democracyengine.com
Phone Number: (202) 630-6597
Member Bank Information: Wells Fargo Bank
The Bank’s mailing address is Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., PO Box 6079, Concord, CA 94524 and its phone number is (844) 284-6834.
Important Member Bank Responsibilities
- The Bank is the only entity approved to extend acceptance of Card Organization products directly to a Merchant.
- The Bank must be a principal (signer) to the Merchant Agreement.
- The Bank is responsible for educating Merchants on pertinent Visa and MasterCard Rules with which Merchants must comply; but this information may be provided to you by Processor.
- The Bank is responsible for and must provide settlement funds to the Merchant.
- The Bank is responsible for all funds held in reserve.
Important Submerchant Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with cardholder data security and storage requirements.
- Maintain fraud and chargebacks below Card Organization thresholds.
- Review and understand the terms of the Submerchant Agreement.
- Comply with Card Organization rules.
- Retain a signed copy of this Disclosure Page.
- You may download “Visa Regulations” from Visa’s website at: https://usa.visa.com/support/small-business/regulations-fees.html#3
- You may download “MasterCard Rules” from MasterCard’s website at: http://www.mastercard.com/us/merchant/support/rules.html
The responsibilities above do not replace the terms of the Submerchant Agreement and are provided to ensure the Submerchant understands some important obligations of each party and that the Bank is the ultimate authority should the Merchant experience any problems.